Saturday, September 19, 2009

Learn Something New Days 7-9

I saw a news segment on the 7th about a woman who reinvented herself by publishing her first novel at 45. I need to reconnect with myself as a writer. Neal and I have spent the past week brainstorming story ideas, and I'm getting really excited about writing again! Learn Something New Every Day is motivating me to write in my journal daily, but I haven't started writing any fiction yet. Perhaps that will be my goal in October after this class is over.
On the 8th, I rediscovered that, in the greater scheme of life, true friendship matters most! I may not get to see Karen or my few close friends very often, but they are always in my heart. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful women in my life! Neal took this photo at our house during a scrapbooking crop the day after my birthday. It is one of my all-time favorites!
I purchased this template from Digital Designs for $.25 today! I would love to get the entire series of templates, but I can't justify the expense since I'm not really a digital scrapbooker. I guess I'll just keep watching for sales.

These are some self-portraits after my first day of school on the 9th. As I was driving home, I was thinking about the fact that I had a cute new outfit for the first day and no one to take my photo. Well, I wasn't going to let that stop me. LOL! The mirror photo is blurry, but you can still see my cute Eddie Bauer outfit. I'm determined to look more professional this year as I work toward my CTE certification. I have a feeling that Neal is going to be shocked by my clothing purchases this year!

2 comments:

Mimi September 21, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

Very cute outfit, and I agree, what a good photo of you and Karen!

Kim Marquette September 22, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Amy you crack me up! I love how fun you are :)

About This Blog

For the past few years, I have been striving to add more creativity to my life through scrapbooking, acting, web design, and writing. This blog allows me to document my ongoing journey. I'm also a Close To My Heart consultant, so I will share specials and post new product ideas. Watch out for a contest or two, as well!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP