Sunday, August 9, 2009

This is a Graduation Trip?

When Katie graduated from high school, I took her to Disneyland. We had a wonderful time, and I knew that I would do the same for Kyle when he graduated. Well, fast forward six years to Kyle’s graduation…he doesn’t want to go to Disneyland! Not want to go to Disneyland? I couldn’t believe it. So, I tried to think of other fun trips we could take that he would enjoy. Perhaps to a Dude Ranch or the Nascar driving school. Nothing appealed to him. He even admits that he doesn’t like to try new things even though he knows that he will probably end up liking it in the end (our Disney cruise last summer taught him that). Alas, we ended up giving him money for graduation and decided he would visit us for a few days this summer.

I knew I would be in California for the CTMH Leadership conference near my sister’s birthday, so I called Kyle to see if he wanted to come up the following week. Since he did, I flew from LA to Boise to spend the day with my sister and then Kyle drove me home. The nine hour road trip provided us with more opportunity to chat about life than had we gone on a big vacation, so this really worked out in the end. We did end up taking a couple day trips to Mt. Rainier and Wolf Haven, and I had a great time scrapbooking those events today.

0 comments:

About This Blog

For the past few years, I have been striving to add more creativity to my life through scrapbooking, acting, web design, and writing. This blog allows me to document my ongoing journey. I'm also a Close To My Heart consultant, so I will share specials and post new product ideas. Watch out for a contest or two, as well!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP