Sunday, July 19, 2009

Slowest Scrapbooker...Ever!

Seriously, I must be the slowest scrapbooker on the planet. These two pages took me 2 hours, and there is nothing to them! I forced myself to simplify and resisted the urge to stamp on these pages. Yes, finding the photos took a bit of time, but...still! Oh well, they are done, and I completed my challenge for the weekend. That makes me a happy camper!

The first LO is from the current Creative Scrappers sketch. I know...it wasn't on my list, but I saw the sketch in my blog reader and was inspired. I'm really attracted to circles. The only problem I had with this LO is that my large Coluzzle circle is only 8", but I went with it since my goal was to simplify.



Again, notice my love of circles! This time I went with sketch #5 over at 52 Sketches...52 Weeks; I'm a little behind! The beauty of being the world's slowest scrapbooker is that I don't put pressure on myself to keep up with a LO a week. ;-) That being said, I do want to finish my cruise album this summer, so I do need to pick up the pace. I also need to cut back on the number of pages I create--I'm already at 20 and I haven't made a dent in my photos...uh...yeah...not a good sign. I'm fairly certain that I don't want to look through a 50 pound scrapbook!



This LO reminds me that I really need to get a zoom lens for my camera. I also need to learn how to use the manual features of my SLR. I need more time in the day!

3 comments:

Mimi July 21, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

I'm right there with you in the slow department.

But, both layouts are great!

Unknown August 14, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

The layouts are great! If going slow produces layouts like these, then creep on!

Amy Heller August 20, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

I love these layouts! I sometimes have that where it takes hours for the simplest LO and no time at all to do a complex one. And I NEVER get one finished in the first time I sit down with it - always leave my titles and journaling for another time!

About This Blog

For the past few years, I have been striving to add more creativity to my life through scrapbooking, acting, web design, and writing. This blog allows me to document my ongoing journey. I'm also a Close To My Heart consultant, so I will share specials and post new product ideas. Watch out for a contest or two, as well!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP