Thursday, May 28, 2009

LOAD #28

I can't believe that I've finally finished this mini-album! I still want to do a page to sum up the entire month and experience, but that will be primarily text. As tragic of a month as this was in my life, I'm so glad I'm ending on this high note. This was they day that I hung out with some of the crew members of Star Trek: Of Gods and Men at Universal Studios. We were a bunch of goof balls; it was so fun. That evening was amazing, though! I met Lana Lane and Erik Norlander at a restaraunt in LA. They are progressive rock artists and I love their music. When I found out that I was going to be in LA, I took a chance and contacted them through MySpace. They agreed to meet me to discuss the posibility of using their song "Romeo and Juliet" when I directed the play. As much of a Shakespeare fanatic as I am, I didn't like R&J until I heard that song. It was what made me want to direct the play and inspired my entire concept for the production. The song was essential! I couldn't afford to pay royalties, so I was overjoyed when they granted me the rights to use the song and film it for a DVD release! They were so friendly, gracious and generous. I could definitely see being friends with them if we lived closer.

About This Blog

For the past few years, I have been striving to add more creativity to my life through scrapbooking, acting, web design, and writing. This blog allows me to document my ongoing journey. I'm also a Close To My Heart consultant, so I will share specials and post new product ideas. Watch out for a contest or two, as well!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP