Tuesday, May 26, 2009

LOAD #26

The LOAD prompt today was to push myself, so I finally decided to complete the pages that deal with Adrianne's death. I cut up a pair of jeans for the fabric on the page and wrote the following on the back:

"The last conversation Adrianne and I had was in the hall outside the office. I asked her about the holes in her jeans and she said she couldn't afford new pants. I asked her what size she wore since my 10s no longer fit me since I had gained a bunch of weight back. Even though she was smaller than that, she appreciated the offer. I told her I would bring the pants when I got back from LA. I had no idea it would be the last time I saw her. She died that weekend in a drunk driving accident. I swore that I would get back into those pants--it took me two years to get my act together, and I almost gave up, but I lost the weight before her class graduated. I now wear a size 8. I will never forget AW!"

On a related side note, the ScrapHappy January 2008 LOAD Challenge taught me that I could do anything for 30 days. I started a cleanse in February of 2008 and lost 45 pounds in 5 months! I've kept the weight off and am gearing up for another cleanse this summer with the goal of losing another 10 pounds. The May 2009 LOAD Challenge is almost over--it has been a good reminder that I can accomplish my goals!

7 comments:

saner4 May 27, 2009 at 2:58 AM  

Thanks for sharing the story of your student and the jeans. Congrats on getting in shape! That's awesome. May I ask what kind of cleanse you did?

Anonymous May 27, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

wow..you are truly amazing! that is such a touching story..and way to go, making it your goal to fit in those size eights! i am beyond impressed. i too am a load participant cranking out pages. congratulations on sharing such a touching sad story with an amazing connection to scrapbooking. well done.

londondonna on load!

Mimi May 27, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

May her Memory be Eternal.

Sniff, sniff. And you rock those size 8s.

(my word verification is fight, coincidence? I think not)

Mrs.Spy May 27, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

What a beautiful and sad story. Congrats on reaching your goals and inspiring others.

Crafty P May 27, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

what a beautiful way to remember you student. congratulations on meeting your goals and thank you for sharing this story.

Becca May 27, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

Thank you for sharing your story! Congratulations for pushing yourself to do something hard...both the layout and the getting in shape! {hugs}

Lain May 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

A truly inspiring story. You are amazing!

On a lighter note, what cleanse did you do? I need to lose 10-15 lbs. You are right -- I can do anything for 30 (31) days!
xooxx
Lain

About This Blog

For the past few years, I have been striving to add more creativity to my life through scrapbooking, acting, web design, and writing. This blog allows me to document my ongoing journey. I'm also a Close To My Heart consultant, so I will share specials and post new product ideas. Watch out for a contest or two, as well!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP